Auction Rules: Paid-Up Members Only (members only may sell, all may buy)
Each current member gets four lots (numbered randomly). There is a limit of 7 boxes per lot. Additional lots of up to seven boxes can be bought by the member for $5 per lot. All boxes entered by the member must have the member's phone number, address and name on the tag under that member's lot number.
1. You must have proof of current membership.
2. No more than seven boxes per lot.
3. No crippled or sick birds. They will be dismissed by the Auction Committee as will violators of section 5.
4. No reserve bids.
5. Boxes: a) must be clean and with a wired window large enough for the birds to be easily seen.
b) must be large enough so birds have room to stand upright and turn around (except peacocks in full tail)
c) any boxes that are falling apart, are dirty or without a viewing opening will be refused
d) wire cages must have burlap on the bottom
e) sufficient bedding such as straw, shavings, leaves or shredded paper should be in the boxes.
f) peacocks must be in boxes, not wrapped in burlap
6. Auction tags available at the auction for .25 cents each, are to be completed by the seller. You must use club auction tags. If you have more than one box to enter, the numbers on your tags should be marked as follows: if your lot number is 47, for example, then the marking should be 47-1, 47-2, 47-3, etc. up to 47-7, followed by name, address & phone.
7. You must have a Federal permit to buy and/or sell migratory birds and your permit number must be listed on the auction tag. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER AND THE SELLER TO EXCHANGE PERMIT NUMBERS, WHICH MUST BE WRITTEN ON THE AUCTION TAGS BEFORE THE TRANSACTION CAN BE PROCESSED BY THE STAFF. THE ASSOCIATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXCHANGE OF PERMIT NUMBERS OR THE CORRECTNESS OF THE SAME. THE BUYER MUST GO IN PERSON TO SHOW HIS/HER OWN VALID PERMIT BEFORE HE/SHE RECEIVES THE BOX OF BIRDS PURCHASED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. "Open" auctions have no restrictions, except no cats or dogs. Items offered for auction may include domestic poultry and pets, cages, feeders, waterers and bird related equipment.
Owners are responsible for their property before, during and after the auction.
NO BOXES REGISTERED WITH A NUMBER CAN BE REMOVED UNTIL SOLD.
Auctions are held at the Woodstock Fairgrounds in Woodstock, Ontario.
2017 Spring Auction - Saturday, March 11, 2017
For more information regarding the auctions contact:
Tim Schaafsma 519-851-6980